Family Connection from Naviance is a web-based software program that the School Counseling Department uses to engage Ayer Shirley Regional High School students in college and career planning activities as well as communication. Scholarship information and opportunities are available on the Family Connection site; with Local Scholarships updated annually.
Tasks are assigned by the school counselors for students at each grade level. Counselors send messages to families through Naviance and by logging in regularly, students and parents will not miss messages. Counselors also use Naviance to email information to parents and students. Having an updated email address on file with the High School Main Office is important.
This software will help students:
- Find their personality type with the "Do What You Are" survey.
- Research different career paths based on the personality type.
- Identify potential majors to pursue in college to lead them to potential career paths.
- Research general information about different colleges and careers – check out Road Trip Nation!
- Compare test scores against other ASRHS graduates who were accepted and rejected to each College or University.
- Conduct an advanced college search, and organize the results.
- Create a resume and keep track of high school activities.
If you have not yet signed up for your Family Connection account, email the school counseling Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your registration code.