ASRSD Vision Statement
Our vision is to connect, engage, and inspire every student to reach academic excellence. The educators of the Ayer Shirley Regional School District will instill habits of reflection and inquiry that challenge our students to set ambitious academic and personal goals. Students will develop a strong voice to express thoughts and ideas in the community, the confidence to showcase their talents, and academic and personal successes in preparation for entry into college and the world of work.
established September 2014
revised June 2019
ASRSD Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide high-quality education in a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment where every student develops the skills, character, and core values needed to graduate and become a productive member of global society.
Our Core Beliefs
- High expectations for every student.
- An inclusive, personalized learning environment.
- Fostering critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Encouraging students to persevere in finding solutions to problems.
- Collaboration among educators, students, families, and the community.
- Making connections and applications from the classroom to the real world.
- Educating the whole child - academic, social, emotional, personal, and cultural domains.
- Practicing reflection and goal setting.
- Respect for self, property, and others.
- Civic engagement, community connections, and service to others.