Dear ASRSD Community,
Our vision is to connect, engage, and inspire every student to reach academic and social excellence. The educators of the Ayer Shirley Regional School District will instill habits of reflection and inquiry that challenge our students to set ambitious academic and personal goals. Students will develop a strong voice to express thoughts and ideas in the community, the confidence to showcase their talents, and academic and personal success in preparation for entry into college and the world of work.
This vision statement not only describes the work every staff member dedicates their efforts to every day, but also defines who we are.
We understand that relationships are what make our schools and students succeed and that the connection between our families, the Ayer and Shirley communities, and the schools will strengthen belongingness and help us stay true to our core values:
- High expectations for every student.
- an inclusive, personalized learning environment.
- fostering critical thinking and problem-solving.
- encouraging students to persevere in finding solutions to problems.
- collaboration among educators, students, families, and the community.
- making connections and applications from the classroom to the real world.
- educating the whole child - academic, social, emotional, personal, and cultural domains.
- Practicing reflection and goal setting.
- respect for self, property, and others.
- civic engagement, community connections, and service to others.
We will use these core values to inform decisions and provide appropriate entry points for all students. By following these values, we will engage with students, parents, and all community partners to ensure our students reach their full academic and social-emotional potential. We will work collaboratively with all stakeholders to help our students become active members of the community. To accomplish this, we will constantly try to improve to better meet the needs of our students.
The ASRSD staff understands the importance of this work and is up to the challenge to ensure success. I, as your superintendent, will assist all staff in identifying and removing barriers to learning. By removing these barriers, students will be available to learn and teachers will be available to teach. Lastly, I will make decisions based on what is best for children, not what is convenient for adults.
Adam Renda Ed.,D.
Superintendent of Schools